Is it time yet, God?

Hi, friends!

So I was scrolling down my Facebook newsfeed, and a meme caught my eye. I shared it on my author page because it resonated with me at the time. Thing is: I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind.

Here it is:

timepicforpost

Let that sink in.

We hear that God is never late. I believe it 100%.

But I’ve never considered that “God is never early.” That’s the part that has stuck with me.

I picture a timeline. If one point marks early and another point marks late, then there has to be a certain point on the timeline that is…

• Right
  • Perfect
  • Exact
  • Precise
  • Dead-on

Think about the birth of Christ. Jesus didn’t come early to Earth. Neither did He come late. He came at the precise time. In the fullness of time.

But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son. (Galatians 4:4)

When everything was as God wanted, Jesus made His entrance onto the stage called Earth. Nothing and no one could rush his birth. Nothing and no one could stop it from happening. Everything was as it should have been for His supernatural entrance.

Same with His death and resurrection.

He gave himself to pay for the sins of everyone. That was a witness given by God at just the right time. (1 Timothy 2:6).

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. (Romans 5:6)

And with the death of Lazarus (John 11:1-44). Although Jesus knew about Lazarus’ illness, He waited a while before visiting him. By the time Jesus arrived, Lazarus had been dead four days! Both of Lazarus’ sisters told him, “I wish you had been here! Then my brother would not have died.” Jesus replied, “Lazarus is dead. For your benefit, I am glad I was not there. Now you will believe.”

Friends, I’m going to be transparent here: I have several things I think God is late on in my life. But after seeing this meme, I wonder whether it’s still early for Him to shine. Is it still too early that we’ll think we figured things out on our own?

TimeYetGod

I feel like time is running out. But I know He is never late.

And now I know, He’s never early. He is on-time. Precise. Exact. Perfect.

The suffering won’t last forever. It won’t be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ – eternal and glorious plans they are! – will have you put together and on your feet for good. (1 Peter 5:10)

Our suffering is light and temporary and is producing for us an eternal glory that is greater than anything we can imagine. (2 Corinthians 4:17)

A thousand years to you are like one day; they are like yesterday, already gone, like a short hour in the night. (Psalm 90:4 2 Peter 3:8)

So … I wait. We wait. With hope and prayer and, many times, wavering faith.

And just when I think time is up…

Come alongside… Do you agree with God never being early? Why or why not? What are you waiting for? Does it feel like time is running out? How can you choose to believe that God will be on time? Please share with us in the box that says, “Leave a reply.” Remember you can reply anonymously.

8 Responses to Is it time yet, God?

• Kenzel says:

Spot on! As far as the Spiritual Realm goes, it feels like time is running out! We all know time is short though cause God addressed it in scripture.

Weird thing is, I blogged about this (time running out) yesterday!

I’m glad the timing is all His, cause He gets it right. The author of creation and perfector of living!
    -Kenzel
    Kenzel would like you to read…Sounding The Trumpet

• The verse that comes to mind is ‘my times are in His hands’ and knowing He does everything perfectly in the fullness of time, then I can rest in that. I am trusting Him with something right now, and as much as I am tempted to get impatient and frustrated with this thing not manifesting, I know, but need to continually remind myself that His timing is perfect and it WILL come about in His perfect time which will then be the perfect time for me. It does feel sometimes like time is running out, but I think that God’s clock always says,
    ‘Now’. Now is the time to trust Me, rest in Me, believe in Me…knowing He is perfecting all those things that concern me.
    Jeannie Pallett would like you to read…From Lame and Lonely to filled with Glory

I try to remind myself continually, especially when frustration sets in.

His timing is the perfect timing for me–and for you. It feels like forever, though. Then I ask myself, “Am I doing something wrong? Am I not learning what He wants me to learn?” A lot of self-doubt sets in.

Thanks for stopping by,
      Jeannie.

• AUDRY hARDY says:

If you watch daily a seed to grow you have planted, the time would seem disappointingly endless. When the time is right GOD allows a seed to sprout, to slowly appear, and to grow. Perhaps what you are waiting on to grow and mature is already sprouting. When the time is right the sprout and the full bloom of a rose or prayer request may prove to have been worth the wait. GOD is patient…are we?

Thank you for that encouragement, Audry. Your analogy is timely and relevant because my family and I have planted our little garden in the last couple months. 🙂 It’s fun to see the seedlings sprout just when you least expect it. Similarly, it’s disappointing to see that not all seedlings will sprout. The sense of expectation has its ups and downs, for sure. Same in life.

I’ll have to remember that whenever I step outside.

Thank you.

• Roger Harned says:

Daphne, Your post and scriptures are indeed encouraging. As an impatient one I had never thought about the consequence of God showing up early. Yikes! Good thing sometimes. Yet how much more can the Lord take of the evil of these last days? I wonder.
    Roger Harned
    http://talkofJesus.com (where your comments are welcome as well)
    Roger Harned would like you to read…Reflections: Jerusalem – a city of Kings

• Vernita S. says:

Greetings Daphne:
    What a profound revelation of God’s perfect timing. I Agee, for God doesn’t work on our time table. His timing is at the specific, exact and precise time it’s suppose to be. And when He comes on the scene with His answer to our prayers, it’s always beyond what we could imagine.

One attribute I love about the Lord is that He is detail orientated. He overlooks absolutely nothing, thus the arrival of His divine blessing will be when He ordained it to be and He will “Show Up and Show Off !” God Bless you.

• Roger Harned says:

Thank you for your timely encouragement. It was right on time.
    Roger Harned