Comfort… Coming Right Up! Er, Down!

Ever have someone tell you just what you needed to hear—without your asking?

It happened to me just a few minutes ago.

I’ve posted about my fear of publishing my very own book. I start then I stop. Start. Stop. Start. Stop. Right now, I’m stopped.

Comfortrev

I’ve been praying about this because I know that this is what I’m supposed to do–and I want to do it! So I’ve been cuddling up to God the way I’ve posted before so that He’s the only One I see and hear, cheering me on the way He knows best. That’s when I’ve been able to start again.

This morning, a writer friend shared this on Facebook:

Say it to yourself!

Note 2 Self: No matter how afraid, indecisive, uncomfortable or anxious I am about my path, as long as I keep moving I will always make progress.

I really needed to hear that!

I didn’t expect anything more because I had already received the comfort I needed to take another step toward my goal. But when I thanked her, she comforted me even more.

All it takes is one step at a time. That’s how you get to your destination! It took me awhile to write my book. I’d be inspired one second and then once I got closer to completing it I would stop. Once I put aside my fear and anxiety over who would buy it, how would it be perceived, etc. and just finished and published it for the simple fact that it was something I set out to do, then everything else was easy. Most times the voices in our head that keep feeding us doubts and fears don’t know what they’re talking about! LOL

This is just what I’ve needed to get up, head to the office supply store, buy a pack of printer paper, and print out what I have so far.

What comfort!

Dear ones, God places people on our paths for specific reasons. Sometimes, we comfort them. Today, I was the one who needed comfort—though no one knew.

Isn’t God good? He knows just what we need even when we can’t put it into words ourselves.

Also, the Spirit helps us with our weakness. We do not know how to pray as we should. But the Spirit himself speaks to God for us, even begs God for us with deep feelings that words cannot explain. (Romans 8:26)

Once He hears us, He goes into action.

I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking to me about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers! (Isaiah 65:24)

Dear ones, He answered my prayers–yet again!

I pray blessings on that special person who used her passion for helping others to speak comfort and inspiration into my life just when I needed it most.

Today, someone came alongside me. And today, I come alongside you: God is listening–hang in there. Comfort’s coming right up–er, down!

Come alongside… Has this happened to you? Has someone shared with you something you needed to hear at the very moment you needed it? Scroll down and share it with us in the comments section.

Movies about Encouraging Others

8 Responses to Comfort… Coming Right Up! Er, Down!

• Evelyn says:

Daphne, this encouraged me today. I too have had many starts and stops. I don’t want to listen to the negative voices in my head. They are debilitating. I want to keep moving forward. For me today, that means to finish an article and do some other things to get ready for a writers’ conference. I can do it! Thanks for sharing.

Glad to hear that this helped you too, Evelyn.

I hope you were able to finish your article and get ready for the conference. One step at a time. Let me know how it goes, okay? We can check in on each other. 🙂

Hugs!

• Rachel says:

You’re post is SO TIMELY for me!!! Thank you for your obedience in writing this blog post. I know that I know that I know that I’m supposed to begin writing my first book, and reading your post was like you were saying what’s been inside of me. As you had someone come alongside you, someone came alongside me today and pointed me to your post. I would love to continue hearing how you progress with your writing. Maybe we can learn from one another.
    Rachel would like you to read…Be Mine – Genesis 1:27, Psalm 139:13-18, Psalm 36:5-7, Isaiah 49:15-16, Jeremiah 29:11, Zephaniah 3:17, Luke 12:6-7, Romans 8:35-38

Thanks for stopping by, Rachel.

Isn’t God good? He does know what we need to hear. Oh, what a Father!

Let’s keep in touch, okay? Accountable, even! I would love to hear your progress, and I’ll be happy to share mine.

God has brought us together for such a time as this. Someone needs to read what you are writing, and someone needs to read what I am writing. God will continue to put the pieces together, and in the fullness of time, both writers and readers will meet on the pages of our books.

Blessings and hugs,

• I really enjoyed this article. Really inspiring. I have been looking around your website. I checked out the bio, life story and your blog so far. I’m really impressed with what you have put together and the message you are sending out to your readers. 🙂
    wendy mccance would like you to read…Thoughts Influencing your Happiness Lead to Success

Thanks so much, Wendy.

I’m glad to have connected with you. I think your work and mine have some similarities, wouldn’t you say? 🙂

Blessings to you!

• Funny I should re-read this post tonight. I’ve worked for two days on my manuscript for the publisher. I’ve struggled all day with feelings of inadequacy, the same thoughts as your encourager friend posted. I’m so afraid to hit the SEND button sending it on its way to production. I’m afraid of how it will be received, will my message be understood, etc. Thank you and your friend for the message today.
    Sharron Cosby would like you to read…When I Lay My Isaac Down

Hi, Sharron!

I can relate to your situation. It’s like sending our “baby” off, isn’t it?

I hope you’ve hit the “send” button. God says it’s beautiful. He already has the right person in mind for it.

Blessings, my friend.