My Favorite Magazines
RubyMARCH2017

Taking Time to Rest

You might know from my life story that I struggle with several chronic illnesses. You probably wouldn’t know it just from looking at me, though.

Like any struggle, some days are better than others. Some weeks are better than others. And maybe, if we’re fortunate, some years are better than others.

Lately, it hasn’t been as good for me. And I’ve been struggling keeping up with my writing goals.

I’m letting you know so that you will, first and foremost, pray for me, but also understand if you don’t hear from me as regularly.

I’m taking some time to rest.

You might struggle with chronic issues too.

• Physical illness.
  • Depression.
  • Addictions.
  • Fill-in-the-blank.

We probably wouldn’t know it just from looking at you either. Some days might be better for you than others. And the same goes for weeks and years.

If it’s been good for you lately, I rejoice with you! And I encourage you to share with others who might be struggling in similar ways.

If it has not been as good for you lately, please let me know–I want to pray for you. I hope you, too, will take some time to rest, refresh, and re-energize—not with anything that comes from within you but from God Himself.

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. (Isaiah 40:29)

I’ll refresh tired bodies; I’ll restore tired souls. (Jeremiah 31:25)

Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

Remember, there is a season for everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1-8). I have had my good seasons, and they have lasted a long while. I’m so grateful. I’ve entered a not-so-good season, and I’m not sure how long it will last. But I do know one thing: I will be in a good season again.

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. (Psalm 62:5)

Time to rest. I’ll be back soon.

Come alongside… What do you struggle with? What season is it for you? (Remember, you can comment anonymously.)

9 Responses to Taking Time to Rest

• Amy says:

I can also say that I am in my healing season. It has not been easy. I am struggling more than I ever have. I have Endometriosis, severe pain and cramping, bad headaches, crying spells, moodiness. But, I am still blessed,

I am going to a new ONGYN on Monday and I am going to consult about ablasion.

Please pray for me Daphne, because I need your prayers and support.

God bless,

Thank you for sharing this, Amy. I will most certainly pray for you. Pain can be debilitating, as I told another commenter (Brenda). Take care of yourself and keep us posted, okay?

• Brenda says:

I also know the challenges of living with an unseen condition. During times of great stress, even good stress, my condition can flare up and my body can shut down, so I really feel your pain and understand the frustration that can come with it. During this time, rest, eat, pray and laugh. I will be praying for your speedy recovery. Be blessed my sister and let this be an opportunity for those little ones to help care for mommy; a great bonding experience.

Thank you, Brenda.

Unseen conditions can be very debilitating, so I will pray for you as well.

I’m sure I will be back up to speed again–well, as fast as I can go with a chronic illness–and that I will still be giving God all the glory.

If there’s one thing chronic illness has taught me, it would be to re-evaluate the busy-ness of my life. At first, it was difficult to accept that I wouldn’t be able to do all the things I was used to, but I have long accepted it with God’s help, and I will continue to use it for His glory.

I know you can relate.

Praise to our Savior and Sustainer.

• Daphne – for sure I am praying for you ( with understanding ).
    I am never free from my dizziness but the winter weather changes in baromentric pressures make it much harder. As I live alone, I do have the luxury to rest as I can but then again, living alone – EVERYthing that needs to be done needs to be done by me. Even with that, I am grateful for God’s provisions, that I can still be on my own and always for His faithful presence no matter the season.
    Hugs and Love,
    Lynn

I know you understand, Lynn, and I’m so grateful for your encouragement and support. Remember when we met because of our chronic illnesses. 🙂

He does provide, doesn’t he?

You are in my prayers.

Love and hugs,

• Jonathan says:

Daphne,
    I am touched by your post and by the responses to it. I found myself praying that the same Jesus who met the man whose illness had confounded all solution for thirty-eight years again bring the unexpected solution into the lives of all who posted here. I do not presume to know how He will choose to do this in each situation, but I am praying unambiguously for the healing of these chronic afflictions.

May God continue to bless you as you serve Him.

Jonathan

Thank you for your prayers and support, Jonathan.

It is comforting to know that others are praying for us–even people whom we do not know personally. Isn’t God’s family wonderful?

I wish you much joy this Christmas season, and may you find the time to rest as you need it.

Blessings to you,

• Pingback: Daphne’s Top Ten Inspirational Posts of 2012 | Daphne E. Tarango

Daphne Tarango is a participant in affiliate programs with Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, DaySpring, Church Source, Hazelden, Life is Good, Positive Promotions, BloomThat, CesarsWay, Christian Strong (via Conversant and ShareASale). These advertising services are designed to provide a means for sites like DaphneWrites.com to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to said merchants. Some images and articles may contain links to products on merchant sites. Should you choose to make purchases through those links, please understand that I will receive a small commission. Please do not feel like you need to use these links to make any purchases. The links are only for your convenience. Thank you.