In His Presence: Snatched from the Fire to Live for You

I’ve been reading through the shortest books of the Bible—right before the New Testament. You’re likely to skip over them—they’re so short.

After reading some of them, I’m learning they’re nothing to skip over. Lots of great—and heavy—stuff there.

Today, I’m in Zechariah 3. I feel led to pray this chapter back to my Heavenly Father.

Is this your prayer too?

Father, I humbly come before you—your child.

I know I am yours, yet sometimes I still struggle with my past—it haunts me. Please rebuke the accuser—my enemy. Tell him, “No more! Enough!”

You have snatched me from the fire and taken off my filthy clothes. You have stripped me of my sin and guilt and put rich garments on me. How splendid! How beautiful!

Thank you, Father, for making me yours.

Help me to walk in your ways and to keep your Word in my heart. Instruct me, Master—I want to obey You.

Be the head of my household—You are welcome here. Teach me to guard all that you’ve put in my care—to use it all for You.

Break down the barriers that keep me from others. Give me courage to invite them into my home and life.

Bless you, my Lord. Bless you, my King. Bless you!

In the name of Jesus, I pray.

Amen.

Come alongside…Can you relate with this prayer? Which part speaks to you most? Will you share this prayer with someone else?

For more posts on seeking His presence, visit the “In His Presence Link-Up” at Mentoring Moments for Christian Women.

6 Responses to In His Presence: Snatched from the Fire to Live for You

• Merida says:

The entire prayer was nice, the one part I can relate more too is this part that says. “Help me to spread peace to those around me—to be generous, to get along with them as much as it depends on me.” because sometimes is hard to get along and break through all the hurt I have inside and I know the Lord is going to heal me.

Yes, He is going to heal you, Merida. He wants to heal you! Then, the peace that He gives you will flow in and through you to those around you.

Just remember, some people will never accept your efforts at peace. You do what you can and then leave them in God’s hands. You have done your part.

Let Him work in those hurt areas within you–the places you fear to go. He is with you, and He will hold your hand through all the pain–and lift your hands on the other side with victory and joy.

Daphne would like you to read…In His Presence: Snatched from the Fire to Live for You

• trinsa pitts says:

This is the part that relates more to my life. I have come a long way and I am so very grateful. I am so close to where HE wants me to be, and I am definitely on my way but I want to learn more of His ways, want to be more and more like Him and I want to be shown what wearing those rich garments truly represents I want to live abundantly as He promises.

Thanks for stopping by, Trinisa.

Sometimes we get so boggled down by how far we have left to go that we forget how far He’s already brought us. Don’t lose sight of that!

Let Him clothe you every day. Splendid! Beautiful!

• April says:

The part that spoke to me the most was the part about having a past. I was abused as a child and it still sometimes shakes me faith. I went through cleansing streams counseling and telling Satan goodbye, and that Jesus has me is a wonderful feeling.

Yes, it is wonderful, isn’t it, April?

We all have pasts, and the enemy will always remind us of them. But thanks be to God that He is for us, and He alone guards us against the enemy’s darts.

Keep going forward, my friend. You are not alone. The Lord is the Ultimate Warrior–He fights for you.