Do you have a song?

Do you have a song that moves you to the core?

A song that makes you raise your hands in utter abandonment?

A song that makes you bow your head with gratitude?

Do you have a song?

I have several.

We sang one at church on Sunday: “Beautiful the Blood” by Steve Fee.

Every time I hear this song, I wish I could show God how thankful I am for Jesus’ death on the cross. But all I can do is bow my head or raise my hands toward Him. The weight of what Jesus did for me–how He gave himself to rescue me, to free me from a life of darkness and deep depression–it overwhelms me.

I have a song. I want to share it with you today.

Come alongside…Do you have a song? Will you share it with us? Will you share this post with someone who needs to hear the love of Jesus today?

(Remember… January is book giveaway month. The more you comment below, the more chances you have to win a copy of my new book, Women of the Secret Place.)

21 Responses to Do you have a song?

• Sara says:

Brandon Heath, Now More Than Ever

Thanks for sharing, Sara.

I can see why you love this song. Wow… now more than ever, I need my God too.

What in your life now touches you about this song?

• Sara says:

God is the center of my world, and the constantly deepening and growing relationship i have with Him is the reason i live. this song echoes the ache and longing that i have to know God…and be with Him. i am falling in love with Him, and these words express it in a way that leaves me trembling in His presence every time.

It’s amazing when a song can do that to you, isn’t it, Sara? God knows the power of words and the power of music. The right words and the right music have the power to change someone’s life, to keep them going, to offer hope, and to bring them to Jesus.

Thank God for music.

• Shayla Ortiz says:

God of this City , Chris Tomlin Because I know that Greater things are yet to Come!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, Shayla.

I love this song too. For me, it is the ultimate expression of hope that yes, our God is in control, and there are greater things to come for me, for my family, for my church, for our city.

There is so much to do, so many people to reach. Oh, that we would go and reach them.

Blessings to you, my sister.

• Sistergirl says:

I love the song, “I give myself away.” It touches me everytime I hear it.

Hi, Sistergirl.

Do you have the words to the song? Just from the title, I already can tell that it would be very moving to me too.

More and more, I want to give myself away. May I see those opportunities and act as my Heavenly Father would lead me.

• Robbie says:

Great song. I have a personal song. “the king is coming (2X), for me. Jesus is coming (2x), for me. The Lord gave me a new song. I do not have the copyrights yet, but it’s an original song. Apart from that I have many songs. Thank you for sharing. God bless.

I love “The King is Coming,” Robbie! It’s an oldie but a goodie! 🙂

Ooh, I can remember singing it as a child in church.

Thanks for the memory. I can’t wait to hear your original song.

• “I Never Lost My Praise” If there is a song that grabs me that is it. Whenever I sing it, it reminds me of all that God has brought me through.

Who sings that song, Brenda? Sounds like a jumpin’ song. 🙂

I think there have been times I have lost my praise, but I’m thankful I’ve gotten it back.

• Jennifer A. says:

I just found you tonight and so thankful I did! I’ve got to say “Redeemer” is my favorite but there are so many others that I love. One of my favorites from way back, years ago, is “He Never Left Me” by Charles Johnson and the Revivors.

I’m glad you’re here, Jennifer!

Is that “Redeemer” from Nicole C. Mullen?

Isn’t it great to know that He has redeemed us? He’s bought us with a price, and has never left us. He will never leave us!

Blessings, my new friend.

• Sarah says:

At the moment It is MOVE by Mercy Me 🙂

I’ve got to hold it steady
    Keep my head in the game
    Everything is about to change
    Everything is about to change

This hurt is getting heavy
    But I’m not about to cave
    Everything’s about to change
    There’s gonna be brighter days

I just might bend but won’t break
    As long as I can see your face

When life won’t play along
    And right keeps going wrong
    And I can’t seem to find my way
    I know where I am found
    So I won’t let it drag me down
    Oh, I’ll keep dancing anyway… WOOO HOOO!!!

• My song right now is….
    “follow you” by leeland with brandon heath.

what a message.

Thanks for stopping by, Karen!

Not sure I’ve heard that one. Why do you like that one? What’s your favorite line?

Another reader – Sara – likes a Brandon Heath song too.

• Roxanne says:

Shannon Wexelberg sings a song by the same name as the title of this post, “I have a song…when all hope is gone…I have a song.” I love the songs she writes because they are so genuine and her voice is so beautiful! Here’s the link for the song on YouTube:

Thanks for sharing this, Roxanne. A lovely video and a great reminder of the wonderful hymn:

“How marvelous… How wonderful and my song shall ever be.
      How marvelous…How wonderful is my Savior’s love for me.”

P.S. – She does have a beautiful voice!

• Pingback: Daphne’s Top Ten Posts of 2012 | Daphne E. Tarango