Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!

At some point in our lives, we have felt the need for someone to come alongside us. They may have said something; they may have not. Their mere presence may have been enough. Many times, their stories have given us comfort.

Through this blog, I want to come alongside you — to share bits and pieces of my story, my experiences – some sad, some funny, some just flat out embarrassing, and some painful. With each post, I hope to come alongside you – to comfort you with the comfort God has given me. Sometimes, I’ll even have some friends along to talk about their experiences.

I hope you’ll sign up to receive my blog updates. Together, we will experience comfort for the journey.

Big Hugs,

13 Responses to Welcome!

• LeAnn Weiss-Rupard says:

Dear Daphne-
    Thanks for inviting me to peak into your heart and recovery to wholeness. Know that I’m very proud of you. And how cool that you and your mom share the same Spiritual birthday now! May God do far beyond all that you can ask or dream as you encourage and inspire others through your freedom and writing! Way to go- may your words help others find freedom from perfectionism!

Psalm 119:32 I run in the path of your commands,
    for you have set my heart free.

Isaiah 61:1-3 (New International Version)

Isaiah 61
    The Year of the LORD’s Favor
    1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
    because the LORD has anointed me
    to preach good news to the poor.
    He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners, [a]
    2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
    to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
    to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
    the oil of gladness
    instead of mourning,
    and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
    They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the LORD
    for the display of his splendor.

Thank you so much, LeAnn. It means so much to hear these heartfelt words from you, my friend. You have been such an encouragement to me from that very first day I met you, when you so graciously took me under your wing at ICRS and introduced me to everyone and anyone you knew. Since then, you continue to leave your mark on my life, calling every once in awhile with new writing opportunities and just to see how things are going in my life. I appreciate you and your gift of encouragement. Big hugs, my friend. ~Daphne

• April M. Whitt says:

Hello Daphne!

You are encouragement on feet (and words.) I’m happy that more people will hear your story and be touched by you–in the same way you have touched my life! The webpage is beautiful and so are you. Thanks for reaching out, my friend. Yours, April

• elenarosario says:

Hello Daphne

For all the times you’ve worked for all the things you’ve learned.
    through all the tests and trials a lifetime sends. The love that
    you’re enjoying now is Love that you have earned by being such
    good a wonderful person, and such a good friend. Love you

Thank you so much, mom. God doesn’t waste a hurt or a trial. And he continues to restore my life, especially with wonderful people all around me. Thank you for being such a wonderful mom. Love you, Daphne

• April M. Whitt says:

Great to see you last night! Looking forward to our fellowship of Christian writers coming this week on Thursday! With love, April

You are such an inspiration – and so talented. I can’t wait for our writers’ group meeting either. Have a great week, and in the meantime… Write on! ~Daphne

• juliorosariojr says:

It so amazing to see that you have taken the road to help others. Sometimes we think that we are alone but what we don’t understand is that God is always there with us. God is a gentleman. He waits for you to call upon him with your concern, standing by you watching and protecting you but waiting. Just call on him and you will see. That is what most people need: some little incentive in life to continue striving. You are not alone. You are helping those in need of confort and a word of wisdom.
    Continue the good work.

Thanks, Dad. I appreciate all your support and words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me, as my dad and the man who taught me about God and brought me up in a Christian household. I’m glad you’re following along. Hugs, Daphne

• elenarosario says:

Hello Daphne

I just wanted to tell you how much I apqreciate our
    friendship and I’m glad we have each other to always
    count on. Thank you for your courage. It has helped me
    alot and I can appreciate life to the fullest. Thank for
    your wisdom. I love you so much .

• elenarosario says:

Hello Daphne

Anyone can become physically fit if he or she will regularly
    do certain exercises and practice good health habits. Likewise
    spiritual fitness is simply a matter of learning certain
    spiritual exercises and being disciplined to do them until they
    become yours. Through this jorney i have learned so much from you
    and I’m so proud. Because of you, I learned to love God much more
    and the wisdom we share that comes from above. I always love you.

• Pingback: Are you feelin’ it? You don’t have to. | Daphne E. Tarango